Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum redesign Porposal

3 posters

Go down

Forum redesign Porposal Empty Forum redesign Porposal

Post  Mortem Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:21 pm

OK, So a few notes about that my goal was first. First and foremost, I want a layout that is clean, simple and easy to navigate. As it stands now, I feel that it is overly complicated and at times difficult to determine exactly where threads on certain topics should go. The big thing I really don't like is the 'generals' section, as it takes up a fair bit of space, is at the top (signifying importance) and no one uses it. If its purpose is informative, about who's a general, then it should be a thread, nothing more. If its meant to allow you to talk to the generals, then its useless as no one uses it anyways.

I also propose to change the layout of the forum such that the highest tier of folders are titles, under which are the second tier of folders. All threads are placed under the second tier of folders. I hope someone actually understood that. What this does is it makes it so that no matter what thread your looking for, you will have to click *once* off the main page to get to it. I feel that this is a small, but important detail.

Because the site won't accept multiple spaces OR tabs, I used periods. Things prefixed with '|' are group titles, things with '-' are the sub-categories and things with '>' are threads.

|General Discussion (AO)
.......-General Discussion
..............>Org Leadership
..............>Introduction Thread
.......-Raids
.......-Complaints and Suggestions
.......-Forum Stuff
|General Discussion (Non-AO)
.......-General Discussion
|Guides, Scripts and Tips
.......-General Tips and Guides
..............>Useful Links
..............>Links To Profession Guides
..............>Links to Equiptment Setups
.......-Scripts

Squish expressed interest in moving the introductions and org leadership thread to a different category, as well as include a application thread there, maybe some other stuff. I like the idea, but do not know what to call it, or where to put it. The idea was also brought up to have a section somewhere that is ONLY accessible to Generals, the Prez, and Admins as to allow us a place to discuss more serious issues (like issues with other org members, should any arise) in private, without lower ranked members accessing it.

I am open to suggestions for improvement and if anyone has any other possible designs, please share away. Preferably I'd like to talk about this and get the opinions of as many as possible.
Mortem
Mortem
Admin

Back to top Go down

Forum redesign Porposal Empty Re: Forum redesign Porposal

Post  Bunny Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:39 am

I vote yes for pretty much all that you stated above. And make it as simple as possible. And if possible someone could redesign the picture that is being show at front page. The one that says "The Soul Society". If no volunteers i can make few examples and send it to you via email.

Also "Request Thread" would be nice for low or new members to request help in gettting stuff, for example SoM run or CoH run. Also there people could request raids they want to do. We could make rule that if enough people request same raid or activity we make it happen. Like true democracy.
Bunny
Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post  squishy Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:45 am

Bunny wrote:I vote yes for pretty much all that you stated above. And make it as simple as possible. And if possible someone could redesign the picture that is being show at front page. The one that says "The Soul Society". If no volunteers i can make few examples and send it to you via email.

Also "Request Thread" would be nice for low or new members to request help in gettting stuff, for example SoM run or CoH run. Also there people could request raids they want to do. We could make rule that if enough people request same raid or activity we make it happen. Like true democracy.

Mort and I were already talking about taking a new pic, I guess he forgot to mention it, the problem is getting all the people on line at the same time.
squishy
squishy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunny Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:56 am

Edit people into it with photoshop :p

That's what mort said-squishy
Bunny
Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:52 am

I wanted to say thank you for updating forums. I'm a forums nut and I had a really hard time navigating the older forums.
I also agree that there should be a leaders section to forums reserved for leaders only to discuss AO business.

Just something to consider. Facebook. One Facebook page for the guild and another Facebook page for guild leadership.
According to Social Media Today, in April 2010 an estimated 41.6% of the U.S. population had a Facebook account.
Facebook also has voice chat if a leader wants to discuss something with another leader instead of using in game text.

Circle of Notum has a Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Circle-of-Notum/197065793650525
If people don't want to use their real Facebook account, create a gaming profile Facebook account.

Either way, I'm cool. I'm happy with the forums updates.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunny Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:09 am

Posting from work using my new lumia phone. Gotta say the look on the forum is very good. Navigation and colorworld pleases my eye. Good job
Bunny
Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunny Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:10 am

Also why im only one with pink name??? =P
Bunny
Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortem Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:21 pm

because you've been given the rank of 'Advisor of Cuddle bunnies' and it comes with a pink name

blame squish.
Mortem
Mortem
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  squishy Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:34 am

It's not pink, It's yellow.
squishy
squishy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunny Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:38 pm

It is dangerous to give u two this kind of power >=P
Bunny
Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortem Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:06 pm

what power?
Mortem
Mortem
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortem Fri May 11, 2012 10:24 pm

OK, so i changed a few things, and moved some stuff around. flame on.
Mortem
Mortem
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunny Tue May 15, 2012 4:06 am

Looks nice if you mean the front page. Flaming homosexual
Bunny
Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content